Sight is a Right is pleased to announce our upcoming mission in Yucatán, Mexico.
In partnership with Los Mayas Eternos A.C., we will be serving the community of Valladolid, Yucatán – known as a “Magical Town” (Pueblo Mágico), full of history and a hub of Mayan culture. It is located near several well-known archeological sites including the must-see pyramid of Chichén Itzá. We will be providing our services to an indigenous Mayan community, who live in some of the smallest, most remote villages in the central part of the state, and don’t have access to this type of care. It will be an incredible cultural experience that you don’t want to miss.
The mission will occur inclusive of May 14 (Saturday) to May 22, 2022 (Sunday). We will fly into Cancun International Airport (CUN). From there we will meet up at the airport the morning of May 14 for an easy bus ride to Valladolid.
We will lodge in the pueblo of Valladolid. In town meals are included. Special dietary needs will be accommodated.
We will conduct our free eye care clinic from Monday to Thursday. This allows us a few days off to explore and relax.
The project donation is $900 per volunteer. Please note that all of your project donation is used to fund program and project activities. Sight is a Right has no paid staff. Your donation and travel are tax deductible as allowable by law.
- 8 nights lodging and meals in Valladolid (alcohol not included)
- Cancun airport transportation on May 14 and May 22
- In country transportation to and from clinic
- A US$1,000,000 travel, medical insurance policy
- All project overhead expenses
- All clinic materials including reading, sun, and prescription glasses (You may be asked to help carry supplies)
- 2 team t-shirts
Not included are:
- Airfare to and from Cancun (we are traveling off season so airfares will be low)
- Sightseeing excursions and meals during travel or exploration
There is lots of interest in this mission, and we expect to fill up quickly.
We look forward to seeing your registration and serving with you in Valladolid.
We are always looking to serve communities in need of eye care and other health services. Please use the “CONTACT US” page if you know of such a community, would like to host an event, or if you are an organization that wants to partner with us on a mission.